Thursday, August 22, 2013

Charmaine Sheh Return to TVB, TV Queens Myolie & Tavia Steps Aside






TVB and TVBC (Shanghai Media Group) had a joint "TVB Clan Television Series Press Conference" at the 2013 China International Film & TV Programs Exhibition held in Beijing. TVB's Assistant General Manager Peter Au and other executives led 20+ artistes including many Siu Sang and FaDans -- Charmaine Sheh, Myolie Wu, Tavia Yeung, Wayne Lai, Moses Chan, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng, Kenneth Ma, Ruco Chan and other artists like Eddie Cheung, Him Law, Kathy Chow and Eliza Sam to promote 17 of TVB's new and upcoming series such as The Hippocratic Crush II, Triumph in the Skies II, Will Power, Mr. & Mrs. Bean, No Reserve, M Club and My Prime Lady.

It was widely rumored that Charmaine signed a 50 million RMB TVBC contract, making her part of the family again. Charmaine expressed: "The media exaggerated the dollar amount. I've been on break for 6 months, and now that I'm signing another contract, I don't want it to be a long one. TVB agreed to sign a 2 year contract with me, TVBC invests in Mainland productions as well, so I believe its better for my future development to be in both Mainland and HK. I will be shooting a TVB series in January."

During the big group picture, it was clear Charmaine still possessed the "TVB First Sister" title as she stood in the middle with Wayne Lai, even TV Queens Myolie and Tavia had to step aside. Last year hot favorite TV Queen candidate Kate Tsui stood in the second row, but she was fortunate to have her sexy low-cut dress to help her win the limelight back.

Former couple Myolie and Bosco had zero interaction, even if Myolie walked passed Bosco, he did not react at all. Asked if Bosco will date someone in the industry again? He said just leave it to fate. Reporters said he appeared awkward seeing Myolie again? He denied: "I occasionally show my concern to her and read some of her news online. I still keep in touch with her in private as well." Kate was asked since she frequently collaborates with Bosco, does she hope to be the new on-screen couple with him? Kate said: "Just a coincidence! But, we have collaborated in 5 series already. Bosco and I are impossible, he's like a sister to me."

Source: Mingpao, Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

No comments:

Post a Comment